All staff required to carry out any and all manual handling duties, this includes lone workers.
Note – All Cleaning Supervisors, Catering Managers and Janitors are required to attend the Manual Handling Training for Trainers course and NOT this one.
Course content overview
This course is designed to equip all staff with the necessary knowledge to help maintain a safe and healthy work environment whilst undertaking all daily manual handling duties. Delegate participation is required and will include a practical demonstration.
- Understand and identify the correct manual handling techniques
- Understand the structure of the back and how it works
- Understand the importance of hazards and risks involved in manual handling
- Understand the requirements of the General Work Environment
- Show awareness of manual handling assessments
- Undertake/participate in practical demonstration
What you need to do before attending?
How long does this course last?
Who will provide this training?
A qualified member of the Talent and Organisational Development Team
How much does this cost?
Contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for details