Who is it for?
All staff working with children and young people who wish to develop their knowledge of child protection within the context of Getting it Right for Every Child.
Course content overview
This course looks at how we can work together to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families by:
- exploring the principles and values that underpin child protection and partnership working
- identifying and valuing your own values and potential differences
- understanding and respecting different value bases
- looking at what shapes our values – and how these values influence the manner in which we work with children
- considering GIRFEC and the Children’s Charter principles
- discussing professional standards and ethics
- considering the views of all involved in child protection work – including the family
- exploring how working together can lead to better outcomes
- working as a group to make a statement of values
What you need to do before attending?
How long does this course last?
Who will provide this training?
Child Protection Committee