Who is it for?
Anyone interested in learning skills in suicide intervention.
Course content overview
The goal of ASIST is to enhance your ability to assist a person at risk to keep safe-for-now.
By completing the will workshop you will have:
- explored your own attitudes towards suicide and developed understanding of the impact attitudes have on the intervention process
- developed your skills in recognising risk
- examined a model for effective suicide prevention and had the opportunity to develop your own intervention skills
- developed your knowledge of local resources
- developed an understanding of ‘safeplans’ and how to use them to reduce the risk of suicide
The course is one of a number provided around the theme of mental health. Other relevant courses include:
- Mental health awareness pathway
- Safe Talk
What you need to do before attending?
You must be able to attend both days of this course
How long does this course last?
Who will provide this training?
This will be provided by registered LivingWorks trainers.
When is this course running?