Who is it for?
Staff from a range of agencies who will come across parental drug and alcohol use in the course of their work including support to families where there is inter-generation substance use problems.
Course content overview
The programme will incorporate the relationship between substance use problems and neglect, sexual abuse/sexual exploitation and also mental and physical health.
Aims & Objectives
- To increase knowledge and understanding of the life of a substance user
- To explore commonly used substances within North Lanarkshire
- To increase knowledge and awareness of the possible impact of substances during pregnancy and at birth
- To consider the impact of substance use at each age and stage of a childs development
- To increase knowledge regarding Foetal Alcohol Syndrome
- To explore Addiction Service outcomes in substance use
- To explore outcomes of significant case reviews and consider the application of outcomes to practice
- To explore the correlation between alcohol, substance use and child sexual exploitation and identify risk and vulnerability factors
What you need to do before attending?
How long does this course last?
Who will provide this training?
Learning and Organisational Development Team
When is this course running?