Who is it for?
Staff whose role involves supporting recovery of people directly and indirectly affected by problematic alcohol and other drug use.
Course content overview
Long-term recovery from problematic alcohol and substance use has no right or wrong route and it can mean different things to different people at different times. Individuals having access to the right support services and interventions at the right time will contribute to enabling them to move forward along their recovery pathways into sustained long term recovery.
A Recovery Orientated system of Care (ROSC) is a network of formal and informal services developed to initiate and maintain recovery for individuals and families impacted by problematic alcohol and other drug use. The Lanarkshire ROSC contributes to the delivery of the 3 strands of the ADP strategy, these being:
- safeguarding and promoting the interests of children, young people and families affected by substance misuse
- reducing the level of alcohol and drug related harm at a community level
- supporting individuals with alcohol and/or drug problems.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise their services role and responsibility in a North Lanarkshire recovery Orientated System of Care
- Explain the key components of recovery capital necessary to initiate and sustain recovery, and their services role in contributing to mobilising it’s development
- Review the practice of person-centred planning in recovery management within their service and how this is aligned to the Lanarkshire Treatment Process Model, the Quality Principles and MyRAP
- Evaluate how, as a practitioner and as a service, they are adapting to Recovery Orientated Systems of Care consistent practice in the case of people affected by problematic alcohol and other drug use in North Lanarkshire
- Set out a personal improvement plan on how they intend to build on their strengths in a Recovery Orientated System of Care following a critical reflection on current practice within the context of their own service
What you need to do before attending?
How long does this course last?
Who will provide this training?
Learning and Organisational Development Team
When is this course running?