Employees who have been nominated by their service to become a qualified first aider
Course content overview
To provide the necessary qualification in first aid (First Aid at Work Certificate)
How to provide the following to injured persons:
- resuscitation, treatment and control of bleeding, treatment of shock
- management of unconsciousness, recognition of illness
- treatment of injuries to bone, muscles and joints
- treatment of minor injuries, burns, scalds and poisons
- eye irrigation, personal hygiene and treatment of wounds
The contents of a first aid box, their use and how to purchase supplies
Simple record keeping
What you need to do before attending?
This course requires active participation and it is recommended that trousers or casual clothes are worn
How long does this course last?
Note: you must attend all 3 days of this course and achieve a pass in the assessment on the final day to be awarded the First Aid at Work Certificate
Who will provide this training?
How much does this cost?
£120 per person. Please contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for more details.