Who is this for?
Employees who will be required to operate this machinery as part of their work duties
Course content overview
- preparation for riding, PPE and safety checks
- accident prevention
- what is an ATV?
- possible problems
- effect of loads/trailers on ATVs
- route planning – risk assessment
- familiarisation with instruments and controls
- starting and stopping
- driving the machine – basic manoeuvers
- ascend/descend/traverse undulating ground safely
- practical exercise
What you need to do before attending?
- hold a valid Category B licence
- ensure that the information on both parts of your driving licence is fully up to date
- have previously completed an NLC driving assessment (any road vehicle)
- hold a PA2 Pesticide Certificate (if you will be using an ATV for pesticide application)
The following PPE will be required during the course:
- standard issue PPE
- helmet with visor
- ear defenders
- hi-vis waterproof jacket
How long does this course last?
Who will provide this training?
This course will be run by a qualified member of the Talent and Organisational Development Team
How much does this cost?
Contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for details
When is this course running?