Who is it for?
Holders of the Ground Based Chainsaw Operators Certificate.
Course content overview
- Workshop and site safety (including risk assessment)
- Operator safety and protection
- Chainsaw maintenance
- Engine systems
- Drive systems
- Saw chains
- Fuelling, starting and pre-cutting checks
- Environmental and legal requirements
- Fell, takedown and de-limb trees
- Measuring and cross-cutting timber
- Presenting timber for habitat and extraction
- Use of felling and handling aid tools
What you need to do before attending?
Make sure you have a valid Chainsaw Operators Certificate for Units 201, 202 & 203 (or CS30 & CS31)
Note: Each operator will need to have full chainsaw PPE and a chainsaw for the duration of the course.
How long does this course last?
Two days (this may vary depending on the training provider)
Who will be your trainer?
This is run by an external training provider
How much does this cost?
Contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for details
When is this course running?