Who is it for?
All staff required to work with pesticides must complete this foundation course. No previous experience in working with pesticides.
Course content overview
- legislation that applies to pesticides
- precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information
- correct PPE for use with a particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment
- personal hygiene procedures to prevent personal contamination
- procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination
- correct procedures for the storage of pesticides
- correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings
- records that must be kept
- situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment
What you need to do before attending?
You must complete a Candidate Registration Form prior to attending the course.
You must also provide a passport size photo. Print your Name, Date of Birth and Postcode on the back of this photo.
The form and photo should be returned together to the Land Management Office in Bellshill.
How long does the course last?
1 day + 0.5day assessment at a later date
Note: this may vary depending on training provider
Who will provide this training?
This course will be run by an external trainer
How much does this cost?
Contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for details
When is this course running?