Who is it for?
Holders of a valid PA1 certificate. Refresher training recommended every 5 years.
Course content overview
- legislation which applies to the use of pesticides.
- precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information.
- correct PPE for use with a particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment.
- personal hygiene procedures to prevent personal contamination.
- procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination.
- correct procedures for the storage of pesticides.
- correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings.
- records that must be kept.
- situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment.
What you need to do before attending?
You must hold a valid PA1 certificate
You must complete a Candidate Registration Form prior to attending the course.
You must also provide a passport size photo. Print your Name, Date of Birth and Postcode on the back of this photo.
The form and photo should be returned together to the Land Management Office in Bellshill
How long does this course last?
Note: this may vary depending on training provider
Who will provide this training?
This will be run by an external trainer
How much does this cost?
Contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for details
When is this course running?