Who is it for?
Staff that have completed a Pesticides PA2 (Novice) course. No previous experience in using this equipment.
Course content overview
The assessment will be based on the following:
- Prepare the applicator for work, calibrate it and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment.
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on the applicator.
- Carry out the correct procedure for cleaning PPE and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide.
What you need to do before attending?
PA1 certificate (successfully completed PA1 assessment)
Must be able to operate vehicle that mounted sprayer is attached to (ATV, Tractor). Driving Licence.
You will also need the following equipment and PPE:
- sharp pencil and calculator
- Type 4/5 coverall with hood
- Nitrile gloves (300mm long, 0.5mm thick)
- Unlined Face Shield with non absorbent padding
- Rubber Wellington Boots
- Helmet with visor
How long does this course last?
Note: this may vary depending on training provider
Who will provide this training?
This assessment will be run by an external trainer
How much does this cost?
Contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for details
When is this course running?