Who is it for?
Staff that have completed a Pesticides PA6AW (Novice) course. No previous experience in using this equipment.
Course content overview
Assessment will include:
- Prepare a hand held pesticide applicator for work, calibrate it and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment.
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on a hand held pesticide applicator.
- Carry out the correct procedure for cleaning PPE and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide.
What you need to do before attending?
You should hold a valid PA1 certificate.
You must complete a Candidate Registration Form prior to attending the course.
You must also provide a passport size photo. Print your Name, Date of Birth and Postcode on the back of this photo.
The form and photo should be returned together to the Land Management Office in Bellshill.
You will also require the following equipment and PPE:
- knapsack Sprayer (fully de-contaminated)
- sharp pencil and calculator
- type 4/5 coverall with hood
- Nitrile gloves (300mm long, 0.5mm thick)
- unlined Face Shield with non absorbent padding
- rubber wellington boots
Please liaise with your line manger to ensure all the above materials are available for you
How long does this course last?
Note: this may vary depending on training provider
Who will provide this training?
This course will be run by an external trainer
How much does this cost?
Contact Talent and Organisational Development Team for details
When is this course running?