Welcome to the NLC Leadership Academy.
Here you will find all the information you need to develop your leadership and management skills in North Lanarkshire Council.
We have a selection of programmes to suit everyone, from supervisors to our Executive team, as well as one-off courses and e-learning.
The aims of the Leadership Academy are to ensure that North Lanarkshire Council has leaders, and aspiring leaders, who are:
- Confident, ambitious, delivery focused and able to engage and develop their teams.
- Professionally competent, skilled, and experienced, adding value to the Council by driving effective service delivery and improved outcomes.
- Collaborative team players who are able to work seamlessly across all areas of the Council.
- Skilled in managing complex change; able to adapt to changes in service delivery and contribute to the Council’s goals and ambitions.
- Able to work well with Elected Members and other critical stakeholders in the Community, serving the full needs of North Lanarkshire Council.
Within the Learning Pathways Framework you will find the leadership and management development pathway, which outlines a route you can take to increase your skills to help you reach management positions and beyond.
If you can’t find the development activity you are looking for please contact the Talent and Organisational Development Team to discuss what you need and find ways to make it happen.